Thursday, May 24, 2012

A clothesline rant

To me, the sight of something drying on a clothesline means that spring has finally settled in. Now, I know that this topic doesn't scream excitement, but I can't help myself. I find it deeply satisfying to see a line of linens flapping in the sun and the breeze. It's so basic- it soothes my soul.

This was my backyard the other morning. Makes me so happy.

 I love instagram, can you tell?


Which is why I'd like to go into a self righteous clothesline related rant. I've never understood why new neighbourhoods don't allow clotheslines. In a time when climate change is such a central issue, it baffles me that the most environmentally friendly clothes drying choice is not allowed because of aesthetics. It makes absolutely no sense. I understand that some people don't like the look of their neighbour's sox and boxers drying next door... but really. In the grand scheme of things, are your neighbour's undies actually a big deal?

Anyway, I digress.

In summary, I love clotheslines. I love cloth diapers on a clothesline in May. I love cloth diapering. More on that tomorrow... Suspenseful, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment