Saturday, May 5, 2012

ECMC Pride


I’m an East Coast Momma, and I’m proud of it.

Today I want to tell you about another East Coast Momma that I’m pretty proud of too- my friend Sarah. She’s started a new biz, and I’ve been more than a little involved…

Sarah is one of my very best friends. She introduced me to yoga, I introduced her to knitting, together we’ve had bake-athons, craft-athons, and enough phone-athons to make our husbands cringe and cover their ears. She’s my oldest girl’s godmother, and I’m her sweet boy’s godmother. It’s fair to say that we’re pretty tight.

Several months ago, Sarah started a group on facebook, called the East Coast Momma Collective. The group started with about 10 of our friends that made cool stuff. She thought it would be a great way for us all to promote and support each other, to barter, to get some new ideas. Well, the group grew. It grew some more. It now has over 350 members and has taken on a life of its own.  Sarah and I started brainstorming on one wet, rainy, cold Nova Scotia winter day and decided that the group should throw events (of course! Sarah happens to be an event planner extraordinaire!).  So, we threw a Spring Fair. It was a smash hit. Now, we’ve got four fairs planned yearly. The vendors are unreal. The event is gorgeous, on the ocean. And of course, the whole thing is in every way 100 % a mom-powered operation. Dewdrop Crafts is a vendor at these fairs. Yours truly is the Chief Communications Officer of the ECMC (me? On a board of directors? Ha!) Sarah has started something that gives other East Coast Moms a voice, meaningful connections to each other, and a venue for their creative outlets. It’s pretty great. Check us out here, you'll see just how great it really is.

I’m an East Coast Momma, and I’m proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment