Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sewing therapy

The ECMC Summer Fair on Sunday was a smash hit. It was a fun, busy, supportive, exciting community event. Dewdrop Crafts did well, I enjoyed every minute, and I'm already scheming about how to ramp it up for the next fair on December 2.

We've had a slow week around here. Sick kids, sick husband, semi-sick me. It's been a movie-watching, homemade chicken soup kind of week. Add in some post-fair let down, and it's fair to say I've been feeling a little 'blah'.

Yesterday, I had and energy burst that lasted about 30 minutes, and I decided to do something fun. Down to the workshop I went to sew something just for me. After several weeks of sewing for the fair and filling wholesale orders, I needed a little sewing therapy (and in my world, a quick and easy sewing project may have the almighty power to banish the flu bug!)

I have a new-to-me couch in the living room, and it needed some pillows. My colours used to be very earthy- only reds, greens, browns, oranges. My taste is changing- oceany blues and greens are calling to me these days. Lucky for me, my nearest fabric source is my basement workshop. I went downstairs, scrounged around, and emerged with my new inspiration fabric. This Marin print by Monaluna is 100% organic, and I'm pretty in love with how these super easy pillows turned out.

There's nothing like just-for-fun, easy, happy sewing to brighten up a grey week.



The monster-ish couch needs more pillows. Back to the sewing room I go!







No comments:

Post a Comment