Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A summer fair is in the air

Less than one week until this:


The East Coast Momma Collective Summer Fair is here! Sunday, June 24 from 11:00 am-3:00 pm. Over 40 amazingly talented creative entrepreneurs (and moms) will be showcasing their goods at St. Mary's Boat Club, on the beautiful Halifax Northwest Arm. I'll be there with some Dewdrop Crafts goodness for y'all.

I'm basically sewing CONSTANTLY these days. I'm really starting to get the hang of my new love, my Consew 230. It's official... I am an industrial machine convert. It's taken a lot of nerve to tackle this new machine with fairs and wholesale orders to fill, but I'm pretty proud to say that I've done it. 

Here are my tips for getting the feel for a new (and insanely fast) machine:

1. Put your old machine(s) away. 
2. Sew
3. Sew some more
4. When in doubt, call Babs or check out youtube for advice on things like taut sewing.
5. At this point, no matter how badly you want to, do not take out your old machine.
6. Sew. Troubleshoot. Repeat. 

Before you know it, your hands will be able to manage the jet engine that is now your sewing machine. Such a sense of accomplishment. With a little hard work, your sewing times will be cut (at least) in half. You'll be thrilled with the stitch quality that only comes with an industrial machine. And, you just might be ready for your next craft fair.

ECMC Summer Fair, here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment