Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My favourite (old) project

There are a few reasons why I don't have many photos to share of new projects.

1. I am busy, busy with custom orders at the moment, and don't like to share images of custom orders until they've been delivered to their new home. In a week or two, I'll have lots to share. And trust me, there is LOTS to share. Exciting Dewdrop developments on the horizon- keep your hats on!

2. I am still sunning myself in Florida, and I find it awfully hard to tear myself away from the beach to sew. Can you blame me?

3. I'm more than a little obsessed with my new blog at the moment. Need to work on my sewing/blog balance. Will blog tomorrow about how that's going. Ha!

So, in light of the fact that I'm low on current intel, I thought I'd share some photos of one of my favourite projects to date. A special quilt for Heidi. I am still in love with this fabric- I don't recall who designed this, but it feels like something by Westminster Fibers, who create gorgeous designs. 




This quilt has a solid front, is filled with bamboo cotton blend batting (as are all of my quilts), and is backed with natural flannel. This has been the most amazing stroller quilt and has been used every day for tummy time. It's soft and warm. It's a basic quilt, but I love it. Maybe because of the baby. Really, isn't this the most adorable baby you've ever seen?






No comments:

Post a Comment