Thursday, May 17, 2012

Planes, trains and automobiles

The title of my last post was 'Bye Bye Florida'. Man, was I right! I am back to reality, full speed.

After a long day of driving, flying, connecting and flying again we're home. 12 hours + of travelling with two kids under the age of 3. The kids were amazing- they may have held up better than us. 

I spent yesterday unpacking, de-cluttering and trying to get my head around the fact that I returned home to a kitchen with no sink, stove or cabinets. We are well on our way to a beautiful new kitchen, but for now we're sort of camping around here. 

My work for Dewdrop is piling up, quite literally. I have stacks of gorgeous fabric that needs to be cut and pieced and stitched into something that will be loved by someone very small. My brain is cluttered with to-do lists. My home and my sewing room are in various states of chaos.

I need a little inspiration. I thought of this.



I stumbled across this lovely, so perfect-for-me-right-now quote here. I follow Oh My Handmade regularly and am always inspired.

After a few days of planes, trains, and automobiles, tired kids and washing dishes in the bathtub, this was just what I needed.

Tomorrow, I sew.





No comments:

Post a Comment